What are the Benefits of IV Glutathione?
IV Drip Glutathione Benefits
What is Glutathione?
- Glutathione is a peptide that is naturally produced and found in every cell of the human body, including immune cells. Made up of three essential amino acids (cysteine, glutamate, and glycine), it is often referred to as the master detoxifier for its incredible ability to promote skin health, body function, overall mood, and well-being. While it is found naturally within the body, at Remedy Pain Solutions we offer IV infusion therapies to increase glutathione levels and promote our patients’ overall health.
What it Glutathione used for?
- Glutathione is an extremely powerful antioxidant that is key to almost all body functions, including:
- Improving immune function and helping to fight disease
- Lightening and brightening skin by erasing hyperpigmentation and inhibiting melanin production in cells
- Reducing inflammation
- Helping your body break down and purge fat
- Keeping your body from becoming resistant to drugs
- Promoting high energy and mental clarity
- Providing anti-aging properties
- Improving the quality of sleep and combating stress from sleep apnea
- Detoxifying and fighting oxidative stress
What are the symptoms of Glutathione deficiency?
- Patients with low glutathione levels may experience:
- Chronic fatigue
- Problems sleeping
- Frequent illnesses
- Difficulty concentrating
- Painful joints
- Mood instability or depression
- There are also many chronic health conditions that are associated with low glutathione levels. Autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, heart disease, skin disorders, and many other conditions are associated with low levels of glutathione, and many prescription medications to treat these conditions can further deplete these levels.
Are there ways to boost my Glutathione levels?
- There are supplements known to boost your body’s own production of glutathione, including:
- Vitamin C (taking Vitamin C with Glutathione can increase absorption)
- Vitamin E
- An organic diet with an abundance of fresh produce can help your body boost the production of glutathione, but because it is not easily absorbed from food sources an IV glutathione infusion at Remedy Pain Solutions is the most effective way to ensure you are maximizing your levels of the antioxidant.
Is Glutathione IV infusion therapy better than oral supplements?
- An IV infusion of glutathione delivers the powerful antioxidant directly into your bloodstream, bypassing the digestive tract where adequate absorption is not a guarantee. Each patient has unique body chemistry, age, and health which will affect the rate at which nutrients are absorbed into their system. Once in the bloodstream, glutathione is carried throughout the entire body, including the brain, heart, lungs, and muscle tissue, so your cells can benefit from glutathione’s detoxifying and protective properties. Simply schedule a consultation with one of our providers at Remedy Pain Solutions if you are interested in IV infusion therapy of glutathione or several other vitamins and nutrients.
Are there any side effects of Glutathione treatment?
- Several studies have linked long-term use of glutathione supplements to low zinc levels, and patients consuming the nutrient orally have reported digestive distress including abdominal cramps and bloating.
- Intravenous (IV) glutathione infusion bypasses the digestive tract altogether, delivering the master antioxidant directly to your cells. The vast majority of patients receiving IV glutathione treatment have no side effects at all. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is best to check with your doctor at Remedy Pain Solutions prior to infusion.